Meeting Date and Time: October 7, 2010 - 7:00 pm
Meeting Location: Town Hall, 43055 Center Street
Present: Ken Smith, Jeff Smith, Anna Himes, Cameron Smith, Shawn Huycke, Sudhindra Chillarige, Jerry Barton, and Steve Schoenly
Also attending: Nicole Pilkus
1. Call to Order 7:08 pm by Chair Ken Smith.
2. No electronic recording of the meeting
3. Resident Comment Period – None
4. Approval of August Meeting Minutes – motion entered by Jerry Baron, seconded by Cameron Smith
5. Approval of September Meeting Minutes – motion entered by Jerry Barton, seconded by Shawn Huycke.
6. LCSO Reports
a. Committee reviewed current crime report.
b. LCSO Information Meeting Monday, October 25th, 7pm at the Safety Center. Trying to send a letter to the local school PTA’s to be sent home for parents.
c. Committee needs to attend at least one more County training session.
7. Committee Members Update
a. Jeff Smith stepping down as Vice Chair. Will now be the Staff liaison.
b. Committee will vote on a Vice Chair in 2011.
c. Discussed 2011 Committee Officers.
8. Patroller Issues
a. Steve Schoenly will replace Jeff Smith as new patroller coordinator.
9. Block Captain Committee Update
a. Block Capitan Information Night October 26th – Ken and Steve to attend.
b. Check on correct Block Captain email address for Krista Kehrer.
10. Halloween Parade October 31st, 1-3pm on the Town Green
a. Ken Smith, Steve Schoenly and Anna Himes will attend to distribute juice and candy.
11.Committee Meeting Location
a. Jeff informed the committee that the remaining 2010 NW meetings will be held at the South Riding Center, 42420 Unicorn Drive.
Meeting adjourned: 7:48 pm – Motion entered by Cameron Smith and seconded by Shawn Huycke.
Next Neighborhood Watch Committee Meeting: Monday, November 8, 2010, 7pm at the South Riding Center, 42420 Unicorn Drive